A private museum located withinthe mountains of Gimpo, Dadohas on display over 3,000 tools and items relating to the Korean tea ceremony, and visitors can even experience an authentic tea ceremony here themselves. There is also a Sculpture Garden in the grounds spanning an area of 30,000m²and ideal for walking around, along with other outdoor facilities, and garden parties can be arranged upon request. The museum regularly holds various cultural events, performances, and exhibitions throughout the year.
- Address | 187-49, Aegibong-ro 275beon-gil Wolgot-myeon, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-998-1000
- Tel | http://cafe.daum.net/iyemyung
- Business Hours: Summer – 10:00a.m. – 6:00p.m., Winter – 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., Closed on Mondays
- Admission | 3,000 won per person for a group of 20 or more; Tea Ceremony Program – 5-10,000 won per person; program available for 80-100 persons at a time
- Estimated Travel Times | from KINTEX – 47min / 24.02km (by vehicle); from Ara Marina Convention – 46min / 27.73km (by vehicle); from Jijihyang – 56min / 29.02km (by vehicle)
Youeal Leisure Town
Youeal Leisure Town is a recreational resort-like facility northwest of Seoul near Mt. Bakdalsan. Thematically inspired by Jeju Island, visitors can enjoy Jeju-style cuisine and stay overnight at one of Youeal’s38 lakeside bungalows. Visiting groups have plenty of activity-related options, including swimming, bathing, workshops, hang-gliding, and horseback riding.
- Address | 877-16, Bogwang-roGwangtan-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-948-6161
- Website | www.youealleisure.co.kr
- Business Hours | 10:00a.m. – 6:00p.m., Refer to website for information on business hours and fees for each facility
- Price | Horseback Riding Program – 30,000 won per person for 30min
- Estimated Travel Times | from KINTEX – 1 hour / 21.80km (by vehicle); from Ara Marina Convention – 51min / 30.55km (by vehicle); from Jijihyang – 44min / 21.97km (by vehicle)
GoyangOulimNuri Arts Center
GoyangOulimNuri Arts Center is a sports complex consisting of various multipurpose sports facilities such as two ice rinks that meet international safety standards, a soccer field, basketball courts, a fitness center, and a rock-climbing space. In addition, the center has two theaters for cultural events and MICE facilities such as seminar rooms and an exhibition hall. All of which make the center ideal for those looking to relieve the stress of their daily lives in between meetings and events.
- Address | 33, Eoullim-ro, Deogyang-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-960-0300
- Website | www.artgy.or.kr
- Price | One-day Individual Skating Program – 4,000 won per person; One-day Pool – 4,000 won per person; Ask for information on other programs via phone
- Estimated Travel Times | from KINTEX – 33min / 10.85km (by vehicle); from Ara Marina Convention – 16min / 11.98km (by vehicle); from Jijihyang – 56min / 17.66km (by vehicle)
Anyone interested in Korean confectionary should not pass up the opportunity to visit HanGaOne, a center dedicated to hangwa, or traditional Korean sweets. Consisting of the Hangwa Culture Museum and Hangwa Education Center, HanGaOne provides visitors with information on the history and origins of hangwa and the tools used to makeit astold through written and oral explanations and visual displays. They can also learn more about traditional Korean culture associated with local confectionary through experiential programs giving them the chance to make their own Korean sweets and handmade crafts, participate ina tea ceremony or take classes on traditional Korean etiquette.
- Address | 26-9 Sanjeonghosu-ro 322beon-gil, Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-533-8121
- Website | www.hangaone.com
- Business Hours | 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., closed on Mondays
- Admission | Entrance – 2,000 won per person; Traditional Korean Sweets-Making Program – 20,000 won per person
- Estimated Travel Times | from Cheongshim – 1 hour, 36min / 68.32km (by vehicle)
Organic Theme Park
Designed to inform and above all entertain its visitors on the history and practice of organic agriculture in South Korea, Organic Theme Park in Joan-myeon is a unique experience not to be missed. Through exhibitions and hands-on experience programs, visitors can discover the many merits of organic food, including the opportunity to make their own organic kimchi, bibimbap, and cakes, or spend time shopping, playing with animals, or dining in the park’s open garden or organic restaurant. In addition, the multipurpose auditorium in the park, able to seat around 300 persons, can be used for an event upon request. Discover the many benefits of organic living to both humans and the world around them by visiting Organic Theme Park, a one-of-kind entertainment facility in the heart of Gyeonggi Province.
- Address | 881, Bukhangang-ro Joan-myeon, Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-560-1471
- Website | www.organicmuseum.or.kr
- Business Hours | Weekdays – 9:00a.m. – 8:00p.m., Weekends – 9:00a.m. – 7:00p.m., Closed on New Year’s, Lunar New Year’s and Chuseok Days
- Admission | 2000 won per person; enquire about park facility rental fees
- Estimated Travel Times | from Cheongshim – 53min / 32.19km (by vehicle)
Nami Skyline Zip Wire
Drop into the famous and picturesque island of Namiseom in style via Nami Skyline Zip Wire, a leisure facility based on the shores of the Han River inGapyeong. Add a real adrenalin rush to your exploration of Gyeonggi with this high-flying sport safe in the knowledge that Nami Skyline’s equipment meets international safety standards and will deliver a truly breath-taking experience guaranteed to melt away the stress. If you have never experienced zip lining before, the Nami Skyline facility, based near the glittering yet peaceful Han River waterway, and the popular Namiseom resort and film location, is a truly memorable place to start. Be sure not to miss out on this, the ultimate in team-building activities. Availability depends on weather conditions – be sure to check our website ahead of time to avoid disappointment.[
- Address | 1024, Bukhangangbyeon-roGapyeong-eup, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-582-8091
- Website | http://www.janaline.com/
- Business Hours | Winter Period – 9:00a.m. – 6:00p.m., Summer Period – 9:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.
- Price | 39,000 won per person (includes admission to Namiseom Island and zip wire usage)
- Estimated Travel Times | from Cheongshim – 54min / 33.71km (by vehicle)
Sansawon Traditional Liquor Museum
Sansawon, whose name in Korean means ‘the garden of Chinese hawberry trees’, is a museum dedicated to traditional Korean alcoholic beverages and the philosophy of traditional Korean liquor. The hawberry in particular is the chief ingredient in sansachun, the signature drink of South Korea’s Baesangmyun Brewery, and the garden itself contains two 200-year old Chinese hawberry trees. Museum visitors will be able to see alcoholic beverages fermenting in jars beneath the garden’s trees and can take home brewing classes or programs on traditional Korean liquor culture at the appropriately-named Gayangju (home brewing) center. Those interested in making their own Korean spirits at the center may do so through advance reservation, with programs available for up to 40 persons. Those preferring simply to watch the process can do so at the Sansawon Gallery, where Korean liquor is produced in about 500-600 bottles at a time from a 300m²-vat.
- Address | 25, Hwadong-ro 432beon-gil, Hwahyeon-myeon, Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-531-9300
- Website | www.sansawon.co.kr
- Business Hours | 8:30a.m. – 5:30p.m. Lunar New Year’s &Chuseok Holidays
- Admission | Sansawon Gallery Home Brewing Program – 30-45,000 won per person
- Estimated Travel Times | From Cheongshim – 1 hour, 8min / 45.99km (by vehicle)
HwaseongHaenggung&Yeonmujeong Traditional Archery Range
Hwaseong Fortress was built by Jeongjo, the 22nd king of the Joseon Dynasty, in order to move the remains of Prince Sado, his father, from Baebongsan in Yangju to Hwasan Mountain in Suwon, deemed to be a more propitious site. The Fortress was constructed once the original district office,originally near Hwasan, was moved to its current location at the foot of Suwon’s Paldalsan. At the fortress is the HwaseongHaenggung, a royal villa built so that King Jeongjo could stay there while visiting his father’s tomb, and the Yeonmujeong, a 200 year-old martial arts training center and archery range. A variety of permanent programs as well as an experience of the archery range is available.
- Address | 825, Jeongjo-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-290-3600
- Website | www.swcf.or.kr
- Business Hours | March-October 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; November-February 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Price | HwaseongHaenggung 2,000won (discount available for groups); Yeonmujeong 2,000won for 10 arrows, maximum 30 simultaneous shooting
- Estimated travel times | Ibis Ambassador Suwon – 16min/3.79km, Ramada Plaza Suwon 25min/4.6km, Rolling Hills – 55min/28.78km, Sintex – 51min/15.78km (by vehicle)
Korea Golf & Art Village
This golf course,covering an area of 4 million㎡, currently counts 72 holes with plans to extend its capacity further to 90. The Art Village currently houses 300 households with plans to add 700 more homes. There are several golf ranges and country clubs along the route, including the Korea Public, the Gold Country Club, and the Korea Country Club. The location is very accessible, being close to several cities in Gyeonggi, including Bundang, Yongin, Hwaseong and other newly-built cities in the area.
- Address | 406, Giheungdangi-ro, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-286-0034~5
- Website | http://www.kgav.com/
- Price | Gold (About 140,000 won during the week for non-members); Korea (About 150,000 won during the week for non-members)
- Estimated travel times | Ibis Ambassador Suwon – 45min/17.51km, Ramada Plaza Suwon 43min/22.32km, Rolling Hills – 1 hour 15min/48.76km, Sintex – 49min/24.54km (by vehicle)
Located around the fishing port at Hwaseong City, this yacht clubhouse,covering an area of approximately 3000㎡,includes five-star hotel level accommodations, an outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and other facilities. Guests will also be able to enjoy the panoramic view of the West (aka Yellow)Sea directly from their rooms. Allia Marine has three yachts at its disposal: Allia I, Allia II, and Allia III, all of which have been fitted with luxurious interiors designed for ultimate comfort and relaxation. Usage of the yachts varies according to the level of membership. For non-members, public and private tours from one to six hours are available.
- Address | 95-12, Deabuhwanggeum-ro, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 032-891-1982~3
- Website | www.alliamarine.co.kr
- Business Hours | 9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (can vary depending on the weather)
- Price | Private tour (1 hour) for standard 12 passengers 600,000 won; 50,000 won per additional passenger. Snacks and beverages included in price.
- Estimated travel times | Ibis Ambassador Suwon – 1 hour 17min/42.81km, Ramada Plaza Suwon 1 hour 18min/44.21km, Rolling Hills – 38min/21.40km, Sintex – 1 hour 12min/42.25km (by vehicle)
Gyeonggido Shooting Range
Located around Choroksan, amateurs and seasoned shooters will appreciate this firing range, stretched across an area of 100,000㎡, and offering 184 firing points and eight different types of shootings (clay pigeon, air, gunpowder as well as general pistols, etc.). The range holds frequent competitions, and provides one-on-one guidance before visitors begin their session. Otherwise, visitors can enjoy the facilities, relieving stress and clearing their minds through several rounds of clay pigeon or other forms of shooting.
- Address | 142, Sagyeokjang-gilYanggam-myeon, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-352-6056
- Website | www.ggshooting.or.kr
- Business Hours | March-October 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; November-February 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Price | Clay pigeon – 20,000 won (includes gun rental and 25 rounds)
> Pistols: 20,000 won (includes gun rental and 10 rounds) / discounts available for groups
- Estimated travel times | Ibis Ambassador Suwon – 43min/25.42km, Ramada Plaza Suwon – 50min/26.79km, Rolling Hills – 42min/26.01km, Sintex – 28min/17.38km (by vehicle)
BucheonHanok Experience Village (Bucheon Cultural Center)
The Hanok Experience Village is a set of traditional Korean houses built with the participation of the master carpenter Shin Eungsu, designated Korea’s Important Intangible Cultural Property no. 74, from planning to finish. Eight of the nine buildings have been fitted to offer a variety of programs so that visitors may experience the traditional Korean lifestyle. Visitors may sample traditional Korean tea at the teahouse located near the entrance of the village or taste traditional Korean desserts or tteok(rice cakes) and other activities offered at the different houses; they can get hands-on making metallic sculptures with Gyeonggi’s master sculptors, or simply watch them as they work or browse through their creations. The village also operates a “culture school”, whose mission is to transmit Korean traditions to younger generations. Every weekend, visitors can glimpse real weddings and anniversary ceremonies celebrated in the old traditional Korean way.
- Address | 40, Gyeongin-ro 60beonjigil, Sosa-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 032-651-3739
- Website | www.bucheonculture.or.kr
- Price | Groups of 4 persons – 40,000-80,000 won
- Estimated travel times | Ibis Ambassador Suwon – 1 hour 17min/49.27Km, Ramada Plaza Suwon – 1 hour 13min/47.82Km, Rolling Hills – 1 hour 11min/47.66Km, Sintex – 1 hour 14min/54.01Km (by vehicle)
Founded in November 2002 with its trademarked dwiddeulkimchi, Songjeongbun Foods has endeavoured to popularize kimchi to international audiences, and has since 2004 operated a hands-on program for tourists. The company offers classes on kimchi-making as well as other Korean favorites, such as tteok (rice cake), jeon (pancakes) and tteokbboki (spicy rice cake). In addition,Songjeongbun Foods offers programs for furthereducation on traditional Korean culture, with subjects includinghanbok (traditional Korean clothing) and folk games. Programs are available for up to 200 persons at a time.
- Address | 336, Jeungsin-ro, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-635-4482~3
- Website | www.ktceland.com
- Price | 1person Kimchi Experience(Depending on how the experience 3,000won~10,000won)
- Estimated Travel Times | Konjiam Resort – 22min/11.73km; Miranda – 12min/3.52km (by vehicle)
Jisan Forest Resort
This resort is located inIcheon, about 40 minutes southeast of Seoul, and centered around condominiums that each have four floors above ground and one below. Leisure facilities operated by Jisan include ten ski slopes, at heater, campfire site, mountain biking trails and more.The total length of the slopes measures 7,300 meters and there are different slopes for skiers of all levels, from Beginner to Advanced. An escalator has also been installed for faster movement in between the rides. The resort is ideal for team bonding through recreational sports and teamwork, with the Icheon ceramics complex, a hot springs, and Everland located nearby, providing additional options for group activities.
- Address | 267, Jisan-ro Majang-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel | 031-644-1200
- Website | http://www.jisanworldrockfestival.com/
- Time | August 2 ~ August 4(Refer to the website the festival period)
- Price | One day license 125,000won Two day license 180,000won Three day license 250,000won
- Estimated Travel Times | Konjiam Resort – 43min/37.86km; Miranda – 43min/30.43km (by vehicle)