Ahead of “2016, Year to Visit Suwon and Hwaseong” and establishment of Suwon Convention Center in 2018, Suwon City should take systematic and comprehensive steps to develop as a central MICE city.
Accordingly the city would like to host briefing sessions on measures to boost the MICE industry of Suwon by establishing effective network with relevant bodies in the region and drive joint-business projects.
□ Event summary
○ Period: 10:00–13:00, October 27, 2015
○ Venues: Ramada Plaza Suwon (Ingye-dong, Paldal-gu, Suwon City)
○ Participants: 50–70 persons
– Relevant departments from Suwon City: Tourism Division, Creation Business Division, Environmental Policy Division, Business Support Division
– Government (local government) agency / NGO: ICLEI Korea, Suwon CCI
– Universities (academies): R&D centers of universities in the jurisdiction of Suwon (5) and academies for each field
– Alliance: Gyeonggi Small and Medium Business Support Center, hotels
– Suwon Cultural Foundation, Gyeonggido Tourism Association (travel agencies), PCO (performance planning), the Press
○ Main issues
– Provide lectures on understanding of MICE and development plans
– Introduce Gyeonggi MICE Bureau and describe supporting system
– Collect opinions to facilitate the Suwon MICE industry